ISO 14001:2004 ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
ISO 14001 standards covering environmental management are intended to provide organizations an effective environmental management system (EMS) that can be integrated with other management requirements and help organizations to achieve environmental and economic goals. This Standard, like other International Standards, is not intended to be used to create non-tariff trade barriers or to increase or change an organization's legal obligations. This Standard specifies requirements for an environmental management system that enables an organization to develop and implement a policy and objectives which take into account legal requirements and information about significant environmental aspects. It is intended to apply to all types and sizes of organization and to accommodate diverse geographical, cultural and social conditions.
Organizations of all kinds are increasingly concerned with achieving and demonstrating sound environmental performance by controlling the impacts of their activities, products and services on the environment, consistent with their environmental policy and objectives. They do so in the context of increasingly stringent legislation, the development of economic policies and other measures that foster environmental protection, and increased concern expressed by interested parties about environmental matters and sustainable development.
Benefit of ISO 14001: 2004 (EMS) Certifications
• It given an assurance that the organization meets and would continue to meet environment law & regulation
• Increases competitiveness of the organization
• Reduce costs as a result of potentially lower insurance premium
• Leads to monetary saving as a result of potentially lower insurance premium
• Increases profit through potential process improvement
• Reduce environmental liabilities and improve inside & outside environmental issue
• Meets demand and recognition of international trade and market
• Safety improvement