ISO 22000:2005 FOOD SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (FSMS)
ISO 22000:2005 is a food safety management for organizations involved in food chain. This standard specifies the requirements for food safety management system where an organization in food chain needs to demonstrate its ability to control the food related hazards. Food products. Food safety is related to the presence of food-borne hazards in food at the point of consumption. As the food safety hazards can occur at any stage of the food chain, adequate control throughout the food chain is essential. Thus, food safety is ensured through the combined efforts of all the parties participating in the food chain.
The main aim of this standard is to harmonize on a global level the requirements for food safety management for businesses within the food chain. It is particularly intended for application by organizations that seek a more focused, coherent and integrated food safety management system than is normally required by law. It requires an organization to meet any applicable food safety related statutory and regulatory requirements through its food safety management system.
This International Standard integrates the principles of the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) system and application steps developed by the Codex Alimentarius Commission. By means of auditable requirements, it combines the HACCP plan with prerequisite programmes (PRPs). Hazard analysis is the key to an effective food safety management system, since conducting a hazard analysis assists in organizing the knowledge required to establish an effective combination of control measures.
Benefits of Food Safety Management System
• Greater confidence for safety of food and related product served and delivered.
• Globally acceptable for food supply chain.
• It takes less time to earn your prospective customer trust and confidence.
• Customer satisfaction through delivery of product that consistently meet customer requirements.
• Continual improvement of processes and resulting operational efficiencies.
• Perfect tool to offer guarantee that organization is complying legal requirement.
• The standard shown strong focus on effective communication.
• Improved risk management through greater consistency and traceability of products.