Importer Exporter Code (IEC Number)
It is Primary document code for each organisation who wants to import or export a product or services from India. Full from of IEC Code is: “Importer Exporter Code” It is 10 digit code issued by DGFT – Director General of Foreign Trade, Ministry of Commerce, Government of India.
An application for grant of IEC number shall be made by the Registered/Head Office of the applicant and apply to the nearest Regional Authority of Directorate General Foreign Trade, the Registered office in case of company and Head office in case of others, falls in the ‘Aayaat Niryaat Form - ANF2A’ and shall be accompanied by documents prescribed therein. In case of STPI/ EHTP/ BTP units, the Regional Offices of the DGFT having jurisdiction over the district in which the Registered/ Head Office of the STPI unit is located shall issue or amend the IECs.
Only one IEC would be issued against a single PAN number. Any proprietor can have only one IEC number and in case there are more than one IECs allotted to a proprietor, the same may be surrendered to the Regional Office for cancellation.
An IEC number allotted to an applicant shall be valid for all its branches / divisions / units / factories as indicated in the format of IEC given in.
Star Export House Scheme
|Category||Performance (in Rs.)|
|One Star House||15 Crore|
|Two Star House||100 Crore|
|Three Star House||500 Crore|
|Four Star House||1500 Crore|
|Five Star House||5000 Crore|
Star Export House Benefit
1) Licence/certificate/permissions and customs clearance for both import and export on self declaration.
2) Fixation of input – output norm on priority within 60 days.
3) 100 % retention of Foreign exchange in EEFC account.
4) Enhancement in normal repatriation period from 180 days to 360 days.
5) Entitlement for consideration under the Target Plus Scheme.
6) Exemption from furnishing of Bank Guarantee in Schemes Under this Policy.
7) Exemption from compulsory negotiation of documents through banks. The remittance, however, would continue to be received through banking channels.