ISO 27001:2005 Information Security Management System (ISMS)
ISO 27001:2005 is the only auditable international standard which defines the requirements for an Information security Management System. The standard designed to ensure the selection of adequate and proportionate security control. This helps you to protect your information assets and give confidence to any interested parties, especially your customer. The standard adopts a process approach for establishing, implementing, Operating, Monitoring, reviewing, maintaining and improving your ISMS on a continual basis. It is also systematic approach to managing sensitive company information so that it remains secure. It encompasses people, processes and it System.
Information is Critical to operation of all organization and perhaps even the survival of all organization, information can exist in many forms. It can be printed or written on paper, stored electronically, transmitted by mail or by electronic means, shown in films, presentation or spoken in conversation. In today’s competitive business environments, such information is constantly under threat from many sources. These can be internal, external, accidental or malicious. With the increased use of new technology to store transmit and retrieve information we have all opened ourselves up to increased number and types of threats and vulnerabilities. Being certified to ISO/IEC 27001 will help to manage and protect your valuable information assets.
Benefits of Information Security Management System:
• Customer can feel confident of your commitment to keeping their information safe.
• A single information security breach can be significant, ISMS reduce the such cost being incurred.
• It’s also helps to ensure and demonstrate commitment at all level of the organization.
• Improve employee awareness of security issue and their weaknesses and how to protect them.
• Regular assessment process will help you to continually use, monitor and improve system, process.
• Management commitment to the security & its information.
• Demonstrates the independent assurance of your internal control, meets corporate, governance and business continuity.